Sunday 8 January 2012

One Word, One Technique - Prompt 2

Welcome to the second week of 'One Word, One Technique' :D
For a reminder of how 'One Word, One Technique' works, click here for Maxine's introduction.

The prompt for week 2 is:

January Technique - Paint
This Week's Word - Today

Here's my finished art journal page:
I built my background up using several layers of paint. First, I used different paint dabbers through a flower mask and a paper doily. Varying the pressure as I dabbed gave a graduated effect to the colour.
I then added some painted circles using the lid of an empty deodorant.
My last layer of paint was with black dabber and a sequin waste mask. I dabbed through the mask in three places, and then turned it upside down and used the painted side of the mask as a stamp to get the reverse image.
Once I was happy with the painted background I added some doodling around the two main flowers, the stamped date in the top right corner, and the text. 'Live for' is stamped, and 'Today' was created using the waste from a sheet of chipboard alphas as a stencil. Finally I used my sewing machine to sew a border around the edge of the page.

I hope you like my finished example! I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with, so if you create something based on this week's prompt, don't forget to pop a link in the comments so we can come and have a look :D

Jules xx 

4 comments:

  1. Great journal page Julie..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that should have been Jules!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaouh !!! That's really really wonderful !!! What a beautiful project !!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog, i was so happy ! You can write in english, i understand !
    Kisses from France Queenie !

    ReplyDelete